After the tuneup and mods. You can see the electrolytics, silver micas, Mallory's, and the new intensity pot. NO other changes!
Closeup of the new tremolo intensity pot. It's a simple matter of changing a few wires. Here's how it's done:
1. Disconnect the wires from the 50k RA Intensity pot.
2. Remove the pot.
3. Install new 50k RA Intensity pot with SPST switch attached.
4. Solder Brown wire to center lug as before.
5. Solder left lug to pot casing as before.
6. Solder Yellow wire to one side of switch.
7. Solder short length of new wire from other side of switch to right lug.
I turned the pot to the left a little because it was mighty close to the chassis overhang. That's the bias pot in the foreground.